MASALA CHAI POACHED PEARS
- Place the masala chai, water, sugar, and tea bags in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Remove the tea bags and add the pears, making sure they are completely submerged.
- Reduce to a medium heat and simmer for approx. 35 minutes or until the pears are soft.
- Carefully remove the pears and set aside.
- Increase the heat on the remaining syrup and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes, or until it thickens slightly.
- Spoon the syrup over the pears to serve, and top with ice cream.