MASALA CHAI POACHED PEARS
Need a dessert that’s sure to impress but without the stress? Then don't go past this incredibly simple yet decadent Masala Chai Poached Pear! Made with Pantry to Plate’s delicious Masala Chai blend, you won’t believe how easy this one is!
4 Bosc Pears, Peeled, and the bottom slightly flat
1L of water
1 ½ Cups Castor Sugar
2 Black Tea bags
2 Tbsp of Masala Chai Blend
Vanilla Ice Cream to serve
- Place the masala chai, water, sugar, and tea bags in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Remove the tea bags and add the pears, making sure they are completely submerged.
- Reduce to a medium heat and simmer for approx. 35 minutes or until the pears are soft.
- Carefully remove the pears and set aside.
- Increase the heat on the remaining syrup and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes, or until it thickens slightly.
- Spoon the syrup over the pears to serve, and top with ice cream.