Nothing beats a quick stir-fry for a hearty lunch or easy yet tasty dinner. This Black Pepper Beef packs a flavour punch, thanks to our Pantry to Plate Whole Black Peppercorns. Give it a try and tell us what you think!
200g Beef Steak, cut into strips
1 ½ Tbs Oyster Sauce
½ Tsp Soy Sauce
¼ Tsp Whole Black Peppercorns, cracked and ground
¼ Tsp sugar
½ Tsp Chinese cooking wine (or Shaoxing wine)
2 Tsp Cornstarch
1 Tsp Sesame oil
¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Capsicum, deseeded and sliced into strips
¼ Red Onion, sliced
1 pinch salt
Additional ½ Tsp Whole Black Peppercorns, cracked and ground
- Mix together oyster sauce, soy sauce, ¼ tsp black pepper, sugar, chinese cooking wine and cornstarch
- Marinate beef strips in mixture for 15 minutes, then mix in sesame oil just before you are ready to start frying.
- Add cooking oil in a large flat bottomed pan until the oil can evenly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place the beef strips in, spread out, and let them sit for approx. 6 seconds, then gently stir until they are lightly browned
- Remove the beef, leaving approx. 1 Tbs of the oil in the pan.
- Add capsicum, garlic powder and red onion to the pan and stir until slightly soft. Add a small pinch of salt.
- Return beef strips back to fry pan and mix well, and top with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately with noodles or rice.