Nothing quite hits the spot quite like Duck can. And Pantry to Plate’s Chinese Five Spice blend takes it to a whole new level. Rich, yet doesn’t leave you feeling heavy, this duck breast recipe is so easy, yet tastes phenomenal. Serve it as a hot meal, or it would make a delicious addition to rice paper rolls. Give it a try and tell us what you think!
2 Duck Breasts, Skin On
½ Tbs Chinese Five Spice
¼ Tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C
- On stove top, heat frypan until very hot
- Score duck skin on duck breasts
- Rub duck all over with Chinese Five Spice and sprinkle both sides with salt
- Place duck on frypan skin-side down, and cook for 4 min or until skin is browned
- Turn over, and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Transfer pan to the oven, and cook uncovered for 8 minutes
- Rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve immediately
Alternatively, duck can also be used to create rice paper rolls. Just slice, and add vermicelli noodles, mint, cucumber and hoisin sauce.