Want a sweeter addition to our Clove-studded Roasted Pineapple? This recipe brings the sweet without the heat! The combination of our amazing Masala Chai blend mixed with the sweetness of the pineapple hits the sweet spot of comfort food without making you feel bloated and heavy.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C degrees
- To make the syrup, place water, sugar, and Masala Chai Blend into a pan.
- Slowly bring to a boil over gentle heat, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to simmer over medium heat to reduce by three-quarters until the syrup thickens. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top of the pineapple, removing the leafy fronds, as well as a slice from the base of the pineapple to enable it to stand upright.
- Peel the pineapple, removing the little black “eyes” as you go.
- Lightly score the flesh.
- In a pan large enough to fit the whole fruit, heat the oil until very hot, then add the pineapple and cook until colored all over.
- Transfer the pineapple to a roasting dish, standing it upright.
- Baste the pineapple with the reduced syrup and roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, longer depending on the ripeness of the fruit. Whilst cooking, continue baste every 10 minutes or so with the syrup, and continue to keep it upright.
- Let the roasted pineapple stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving, basting from time to time with the syrup.
- To serve, lie the pineapple on its side and cut into slices and serve just warm with ice cream.