Want to level up your ordinary crème caramel? Then look no further than our amazing Maple Pumpkin Flan, starring Pantry to Plate’s Ground Cinnamon. Fluffy and comforting, this one is guaranteed to fast become a family favorite!
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
- Coat a bread-loaf tin in cooking spray
- Pour Maple Syrup into bottom of bread-loaf tin
- In food processor, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, evaporated milk and condensed milk until well combined.
- Place mixture into bread-loaf tin by pouring over the back of a wooden spoon
- Create a ‘water-bath’ by place bread-loaf tin into a bigger dish filled with enough hot water to come halfway up sides of bread-loaf tin, and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour or until the custard is just set. (note: it should be firm but still jiggle slightly in the middle. To test, insert a skewer or knife into the center of the flan and it should come out clean).
- Place in fridge to set for a minimum 2 hours
- Run a knife around the edges of the flan, then flip over onto a serving tray with edges that are wide enough to catch the syrup, and serve immediately
Note: Maple Syrup can be substituted for home made caramel.